Today’s jobs are not only with interviews or written rounds. Some of the companies also conduct Group Discussion. Most of the candidates or the fresher software engineers face the difficulty in group discussion. Here are few tings or career advice about what to do and what not to do in a Group Discussion:
1) Be original as possible Do not imitate someone else be your self. Because while trying to be someone else your opinions doesn’t come into account.
2) Have a good posture and sit straight.
3) Be simple and humble. It is necessary to stick to your values and beliefs but do not disrespect other people’s opinions and values.
4) Snatch the opportunity and be an initiator that is speak up your opinion first. A good impression is left on the evaluator but talk about it only if you know anything about it.
5) Do not repeat a point, be irrelevant or stretch the topic. If you find someone going on an irrelevant track stop them.
6) After you have delivered your opinion ask other people for expressing their views about it. It is good to nod your head when others speak as it shows that you are receptive about them.
7) Making eye contact with other participants helps you to make room for more talks on the topic.
8) Actively participate in the discussion. The invigilator is assessing your behavior. So just present your views.
9) Do not be over confident be optimistic and gather your thoughts.
10) Taste your words before you spit it out. You are heard and judged upon.
11) It is necessary to back or support the objection kept against your fellow speaker with a strong point.
12) For explanations you can use real life examples, quotes, figures, and facts for expressing a clear chain of thoughts. It will give a good impression about you on the invigilator thereby providing a good score for you.
13) There are some significant basic tips that will help you feel better with confidence and make you ready for the group discussion trend.
There are various job openings in Pune and careers in engineerings especially for the fresher candidates and so dont worry about how can you crack the group discussion.