Several of you must be interested in fashion designing as your career. Well, this blog is created for you to help in your pursuit of a career in fashion designing. To know more, keep reading this blog at career advice about Diploma in Fashion Design.
You can join Fashion Designing course after just your 10th grade in many institutes, which would take about 2 To 3 years. And if you are a Graduate you can join such Diploma courses for a period of 1 to 3 years. Degree courses are for 3 years while Diploma courses are for less than 3 years.
Fashion design tips in diploma in fashion designing
1. Fashion designing is better for girls who love fashion. Be it your career pursuit or just a fun course.
2. It is a way towards your creativity.
3. Diploma in Fashion designing course does not mean learning and copying. Fashion gives you confidence and happiness with what you wear or design.
4. Diploma in Fashion designing course not only helps you in apparel designing but you also learn to design shoes and jewellery as well.
5. In fashion designing course, you learn to draw and make designs. Colour combinations, patterns, garment making, apparel designing, and making sketches would be your subjects.
6. Garment making is essential like sketching your designs on paper. Knowing of garment making is important.
7. An illustration would help you present your designs professionally.
8. Pattern designing will help you understand patterns of your art.
9. Apparel gives you the freedom to draw your art in several ways.
10. To mention, fashion designing course needs good fees and you must have a good pocket to bear your expenses for things like raw materials, field trips, sketch accessories, paper, drawing boards, dress material and several miscellaneous craft products.
About the course, eligibility, and fees
You can enroll in the course immediately after class 10, class 12 or even after graduation. There are 5 or 6 subjects in an academic year and that depends on the institute you are choosing. Normally the diploma course runs for 3 years. In the last year, you need to design your own original creation from start to finish and show them in front of the institute and teaching stuff.
Some of the subjects taught are:
- Pattern Making and Garment Construction
- Fashion Art and Illustration
- Fabric Painting
- Dyeing & Printing
- Textile Science
- Marketing & Retailing
- Traditional Indian Textiles
It is a common opinion that the only way to make money with a fashion diploma is becoming a freelance designer and getting your designs, sold. But this is not the only truth and one can get a normal job in the below mentioned areas in other companies who are looking for:
Stylists, Merchandisers, Textile and Fashion Consultants,Costume designers
Some popular employers are:
- Allen Solly
- Van Heusen
- Armani Exchange
- Export Houses
- Showroom Jobs
With this we conclude. You can check out here for more about fashion design course. And keep looking into this space by career advice for more career guidance tips, news, and updates.