The pattern in the CAT exams has been changing every year. But with a mix of strategy, plans and implementation you can really score high. In today’s blog, we share some preparation tips for CAT exam so that one could be confident for the day of your exam.
Career tips for preparation for CAT exam
1) Instead of concentrating on every topic, students must try and select the topics in which they are comfortable. Even on the exam day, a student must not attempt all the questions; instead, spend 5 minutes in going through a section and select the questions in which they are expert and skillful. This is an essential and one of the time-saving career tips.
2) To be successful, students must go through the previous years’ CATs questions and understand the syllabus. They must access their proficiency, average or needs improvement in each of the areas. The areas in the third category must be focused on the first then comes second and first.
3) The aspirants must start in advance preparing for the exams because an early start would help them in gaining knowledge about the type of questions that can be asked. Another advantage is that you can have more time in developing the best answers and your vocabulary.
4) The best way to evaluate your preparation is that you can take up the mock tests. But you should remember not to repeat the mistakes in the mock tests, otherwise, the purpose taking the tests would get lost. Follow these career tips to help you in your CAT exam.
5) You need to practice calculations rigorously on a daily basis. Usually, big questions don’t come for CAT, but one must have a smart approach to the calculations which you can master by practicing tricks, available in books and online.
6) While CAT preparations, one must remember that management schools try to test understanding of basic concepts which the student possesses. So, students must stop looking for the toughest material for practicing and you will realize that their knowing the basics is quite essential.
7) A CAT aspirant must do daily is that they must spend a minimum of 10 hours study daily mainly before the 6 months of the exams. You need to prepare a minimum ten thousand words to improve your Vocabulary, read newspapers and editorials every day and also read at least two magazines and one novel weekly.
8) Time management is quite essential to qualify the CAT exam. To manage time means balancing speed and accuracy, handle every pressure and uncertainty and be a good decision maker.
9) Negative marking is there in CAT, so no wild guesses during the exam. Only if you can eliminate 2-3 choices, you can go for guesswork. Otherwise, there is use guessing and dropping points.
10) And it is essential to remain calm, relax, and have faith in oneself on the day of the paper. Carry all the necessary things like pencils, pen etc to avoid last moment problems and do your best.
With this, we conclude our discussion on career tips for CAT exam. And keep looking into this space by career advice for more career tips, news, and updates.