There are lots of candidates who are confused about choosing the best engineering branch which has a good scope and fetches you a job with handsome salary packages. Follow these career advice tips to choose the right engineering branch and make a successful career in the chosen field.
Career Advice Tips to select the best engineering branch:
1.Entrance: You need to clear the entrance exams like the CET for example which has a set of aptitude question that you need to attempt and clear. Sometimes there are negative markings and sometimes there are no such selection criteria. If you are sure about the answers then choose the right one but if you are not then just leave it because such mistakes will narrow down the chance of choosing your branch and you might need to pay extra donations if you cannot get through merit quota. Take this career advice to wait till the last round and get to know where you land and also apply for other colleges where you can easily get your desired branch.
2) Passing the exams: The subjects are quite common in the first year of engineering for all the branches and from the second year of engineering you will get into your chosen core of engineering. For instance, if your choose computers you will have everything related to algorithms, coding, architecture, software design, etc. Choose the branch where you have the interest to learn and clear exams easily without any backlogs that are best career advice anyone can give you.
3) Scope: Before choosing a branch the second point after your interest that you need to consider is the future scope of that branch. For example branches like Civil Engineering and Agriculture Engineering have an excellent future scope similar to IT sector a decade back. Choose a career where you will have an excellent job opportunity.
4) Salary packages: This is the most important career advice that you need to consider as there is no point in choosing a job with less salary. Although you may have interest and the field has good scope in India, you may need to struggle a lot to get a good package. It depends on your priority “ what really matters to you” money or interest or scope. Sometimes you are lucky enough to get all the three together. For instance, there are lots of scopes to grow in Civil Engineering but when compared to IT sector the former has a low pay scale as of now.
5) College: At the time of selecting a college you need to consider its placement records, its coaching style: ask the passed out students about the college, sometimes the college is reputed but you got a course with less scope or you don’t have interest in it. In such cases even if you get a C grade college with a course of your interest you will definitely perform better.
6) After Diploma: If you have done your Diploma then take this career advice to choose the same stream in your second year and that makes sense. When compared to the first year students who enter the second year the diploma students will perform better because most of the subjects are actually easier and familiar.
7) Higher Studies: There are lots of candidates who want to go for higher studies and here they must choose the best engineering branch which is easy to pursue and clear. You can also try doing correspondence course if you just want a degree for namesake.
Read Here: How To Find The First Engineering Jobs